Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Cheesy Cauliflower

So, this one is another love it or hate it. I LOVE it. As a kid I hated it and only ate the cheese part (because I hated all things vegetable and never pooped as a result, but again, that is another post....)
I have made this a lot, and almost every person who has had it thinks it is wonderful (of course, with the exception of my husband and my brother-in-law Larry. They are kinda food snobs. My brother-in-law Peyt is usually just happy to be fed).
It actually goes quite well with Rickerson Goulash, if you are feeling ambitious, which I am usually not. I like it with my mom's meatloaf. When she is cooking.
This recipe is also very simple with a short list of ingredients.

Head of Cauliflower
Sharp Cheddar Cheese-yes, it must be sharp, and none of that pre-sliced crap, or low fat jazz
Mayonnaise
Mustard -we use yellow, but you can jazz this part up if you want. There are a billion different kinds of mustard out there. I can attest to this because my husband collects them! We may not have a scrap of food in the fridge, but by God there are at least 5different kinds of mustard in there at given time!

That's it! Well, you do have to cook it, we are getting there.

Steam the head of cauliflower til it is fork tender. Then, in a small bowl mix the mayo and mustasa. I kind of just eyeball this, but have enough to cover the cauliflower generously.
Top it with all the cheese and pop it in the oven on broil. Watch it closely because you don't want burned cheese, you want it yummy and bubbly good and hot, maybe even a little browned, but not burned.

And you are done, you have your delicious Cheese Cauliflower. I love it, and it looks pretty cool too!

1 comment:

  1. This is totally my comfort food! Eric actually likes it, too! I've actually used curry powder instead of mustard before and it's pretty tastey...if you're feeling adventurous!

    ReplyDelete