Monday, October 26, 2009

Welcome!

I'm Bridget Rickerson Hines (known to many children as Aunt Bee, and there is actually a great story about how I got to be Aunt Bee, but we will save that for another time!)

I decided to start this blog as a way to get all of the wonderful comfort foods my Mom made when me and my two older sisters were growing up into print of some kind. A few years ago my mom (Janet Pipkins Rickerson) starting putting together recipe books for me and my sisters and they have grown and grown over the years. Now mine is falling apart and there are blobs of food stuck on them, and smeared words where I dribble ingredients....so I am going to start posting the recipes one at a time (OK, maybe two at a time...) so they won't get lost. I mean c'mon, it's Cyberspace, what could possibly happen?

Sit back, relax and feel free to make some of this wonderful food for yourself! I don't make guarantees (many of these dishes that my family loved, my husband and my sister's husband's just don't "get") but surely you will find something you will like!
It's all simple, easy and not at all pretentious!

2 comments:

  1. Bridget,
    Will you post some of your casseroles, too? I'm not sure if any of those are family recipes but I'd love to get some of them! That's actually one of my first memories of you..."You've never made a casserole before?!? Let me give you some tips...."

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sure I wil post the build a casserole recipe for you Linds!

    ReplyDelete